Thursday, September 16, 2010

new beginnings

The longer I'm alive, the longer I realize that the life I'm living is not the way God intended it to be. Too easily I have been tempted and succumbed to sin, and have not been able to escape the consequences that follow. This world, in all of its depravity, has transformed so much since the days of Eden. Knowing that the world would end up like this, He still created it.

Lately I have been so burdened by the world around me and myself. I cannot help but grieve over the fact that humanity is so depraved, that I am so depraved. I struggle with feelings of not wanting to be here anymore, not wanting to take life as it is, not wanting to deal with myself as screwed up and incomplete as I am.

Thankfully, amidst the hopelessness, there is hope. Without it, I would be nothing. For grace has lifted me up, humbled me before my Creator, and now carries me through this life one day at at time.

No comments: